View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
lund1982

725bygrace,

Are there any meetings in nearby towns that you can attend? I lived in a smaller city myself when I first started hitting meetings & was worried about the same thing that you were. You would be surprised how many people have went through the same things that you have. Your presence at a meeting & willingness to talk about what you've went through could be helpful to others as well as yourself. As far as 13th stepping is concerned, I've seen it in action & in my experience it seems to be the sick people who've never done the work that are the culprits. However, the number of people with good intentions outweigh the number of sick ones. Meetings are everywhere, sometimes the best thing to do is get into your car & find one that works. You may have a better experience than your sister. Perhaps if you found a useful one you could direct your sister to it & support her in her recovery. It doesn't hurt to, at least, try one meeting. Anyway, I'm just trying to be helpful. If I could have gotten sober networking with other sober people online I would have been clean eons ago. It was easier for me to gloss over all the bad parts when I was alone on the computer. Hang in there & congrats on your days clean.