View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
725bygrace

Wow, I never thought about the points you make RN. It makes alot of sense.
I am having a better day today - I honestly don't know what came over me yesterday (actually, yes I do - grief).
But I am happy and proud that I was able to get through it without alcohol. I am really focused on my impulses. I can feel the exact time of day or situation where I would have started drinking. Yesterday it would have been at about 3:00 when I was at my lowest and knew noone would be home for a few more hours.
Today, I met my daughter for lunch - with it being friday, I would have allowed myself a glass of wine (or two) and that would have continued in the evening. Needless to say, I did not succumb.
So, Today is day 5. We always have a date night - I wonder if my hubby will notice - he hasn't yet. I did tell my daughter on Weds as we were having a girls night and I didn't have a drink with her. I will be a good example to my daughter now...
My tummy doesn't seem bloated anymore - an added bonus! But I'm still not sleeping well but i think that has more to do with my memories than anything alcohol related.