View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((TOD))) - glad you got the crates and pens all done, and hope you get some cooling rain.

(((Lynda))) - I get that "you can mess with me, but don't DARE mess with my family". I've never gotten physical (though wanted to), but I've certainly made it clear to people who messed with my loved ones, I am not the one. Back when Brit's mama died (my 18-year-old baby stepsister..in a car wreck), Brit's sperm donor family tried to get custody and it was nasty.

Her other g'ma kidnapped her, I told stepmom to call the cops and find out what to do (she's Brit's legal guardian). We called a judge, then I called sperm donor's brother and told him if Brit was not at our door in an hour, I was taking him and everyone else in the family down as conspirators to the kidnapping. He brought her back in 30 minutes.

Brit and I have our problems (she has major anger issues but won't do anything about them, just numbs them out), but she's told me she knows I have her back. I won't get her out of a mess where she needs to feel the consequences, but I won't let anyone mess with her, for no reason, either.

Speaking of the thyroid, my aunt has told me I really need to get it checked. My mom died at 50, and never had any problems, but every other female on mom's side has been on thyroid replacement.

It's the money issue. I don't even know how I'm going to pay my car payment, next week, much less the last dr's bill I got (though can make payments and hope the nurse got the bill down). Also, since I've found that companies can get exempt from the pre-existing conditions thing on insurance (McD's is exempt), don't want to have yet another pre-existing condition when/if I eventually get medical insurance. I also know that thyroid and premenopause mimic each other, and don't really have some of the symptoms that makes me think thyroid.

We are actually going to spend the night in SC. It's a small country town, though I've never met my niece or her mama, so haven't been to their house yet. Long ways from the beach, and besides, I want to spend as much time with the baby and family as I can.

Have no idea when we're leaving or when dad and I will be back. Stepmom and ww are staying up there for a while, as her sister had thyroid surgery last month.

I was reading about the debt crisis going on in congress, and it mentioned that the latest thing didn't go through, in part because of the Pell Grants. Yeah, the very thing I need to pay for school, and the loan I applied for is also a federal loan. Wish they'd get their **** together.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy