View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
mrsfit

Hi, ((Everybody)), when I realized the the thread ended at 500 posts, I had to go back and read everything in the last installment (I must admit I cheated by reading only the past 5 pages before beginning to post). It has been quite a revelation, including seeing some gruesome pics, not to worry though, but I do wish the pics of Darby hadn't been lost when I went to find them,!!!

((TOD)) I'm very proud to be seen as an ole' country girl, grew up with red clay oozing betwixt my toes as I ran through the woods as a child. Why, I can even remember walking 5 miles to the country store, barefoot on a gravel road, one time because my dad had lost his pocket knife (it had been his grandfather's, before he died) and was going bats**t crazy to find it! Ahhhhhhh, those were the days! It's been a while since you mentioned your disability, have you got a hearing yet?????

((Jay)) As a response to a question that you asked on the last installment before I arrived: Yes, there was one teacher in my third grade, who thought the world of me, and intervened when I came to school one day with stripes up and down my legs and back. She got the state involved, but back then unless they could find the proof dead out, Sorry! I had stretched the truth and told them that my dad had used a bull whip on me, (actually they were hickory switches, the bull whip was reserved for my brothers) when he got drunk one afternoon. My brothers had, unknown to me or any one else, cut the bull whip into pieces and buried it under the steps to the trailer. My dad told them that I had gotten scratched running through the woods. There were so many thorns and berry vines around the land that it was actually believable, and since they could find no sign of a bull whip, the case got closed. But Mrs. Dumas is still with me in my heart, and my second grade teacher as well, Mrs. Pratt. I actually attended both of their funerals, although I never told anyone that I had done so. They both died shortly after I had graduated High School.

((Chic)) Wow, what part of San Antonio?? That's amazing, we might have even met, who knows? As far as the storm goes, I have a deal with the Goddess, I won't get scared and run away from my wonderful Henry, if she won't let the weather get too bad around us. I know that sounds pretty silly, but Freya (the Goddess) and I speak on a regular basis. Henry even tells me that she speaks to him at times. That's gotta be something as I have never had that kind of connection when I was worshiping and fearing the Judeo-Christian God, no offense meant to anyone! I just had to put it out there.

((Amy)) I hope the funk goes away, I do worry about you lady. The symptoms that I read in your past posts are like an almost perfect copy of what I was going through before I got on my thyroid replacements! For me even the Bi-polar symptoms have alleviated, and that's something I have had for decades!!!!!! I'm quite lucky and even though my desecated(sp) animal thyroid is NOT covered by my Part D, it's only $7.95 a month! The thyroid panels, however are quite expensive.

((Lauren)) Please take care of that puncture wound, right away!! It only takes 5 hours for the tetanus virus to cause irreparable damage to the human body! You may ask where this comes from...One of my cousins, way back when I was walking in that red clay, stabbed my brother in the leg with a rusty fork that had gotten thrown out with the pig slop on GrandDaddy's farm, and now my brother has been diagnosed with childhood onset rheumatoid arthritis, they told him it could have been from the stabbing with a fork and not getting the Tetanus shot in time. We lived over six hours away from town, and only had one car, Dad was working, and we had walked over to GrandDaddy's with Mom to visit. Dad had to drive all the way in to get my brother and then turn around and drive back to town to get him the shot, almost 12 hours had passed before the injection. AND he had lockjaw symptoms, just not very badly, for almost a week after this. But it was summertime, and no school was missed.

((TB)), and all the other's that I have missed, please hurry back, we are all missing you!!

Before I go I would like to tell you all a story about when I was growing up in Calhoun County, MS...

We were dirt poor, and with 9 mouths to feed, not counting the strays and all the furbabies, it took both my mom and dad working sometimes 2 shifts just to keep food on the table. As a matter of fact, we didn't have a television until we moved into town after my GrandDaddy died. But one day after moving into town, I had gotten up to Middle School, as had my younger sister, Frances, and we were walking home after school, since the house that we were living in was only about a mile and a half from the school. (Frances had always been a "special child", in special ed classes for the mentally challenged and had been born with a bone defect.) Anyway, as we were getting ready to cross a small bridge leaving the campus to take a shortcut home, some of here classmates, came running after us calling her names and picking a fight. I normally was a pacifist, I had actually been beaten up in the second grade by a girl who only stood as tall as my elbow at the time (She never reached over 4'5" in height), but this time, they were picking on my little sister! (I was pretty much told since I was six, that it was my responsibility to take care of my younger sisters.) I told Frances that she had better run to the house and get one of our older brothers, cause there was gonna be trouble; but one of the boys grabbed her by the arm and started twisting it. I got so mad that I saw red, and started hitting, kicking, and god only knows what else. When I finally calmed down, one of the teachers was holding me with my arms over my head and my feet off of the ground, and asking the six that had been picking on Frances if they were ok. It turned out that one of them had a broken arm, another a broken leg, and the other four were treated in the ER for bruises and cracked ribs, and one of them actually had a concussion. I still to this day do not know what happened when I started throwing punches and kicking, but Frances will tell me that I was kicking a$$ and taking names. I got suspended from school for two weeks for "attacking" these six kids who were three years younger than me, but my credibility went up in the family.

Just felt the need to share that with someone, as I have been working my 8th and 9th Steps in the last few weeks, and needed to get that out of my system. Thanks for allowing me to share it here.

Hugs n smoochies,

Lynda

Last edited by mrsfit; 07-29-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: forgot something