View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
meditation

some places that might be a good for recovery are dialysis clinic, telephonic nursing, a good place to network is the red cross, volunteering can lead to jobs that pay and some of the perks of volunteering are free concerts, football games and events. It's hard to get on a doctor's office as they usually don't hire RN's, they hire medical assistants. After about a year of recovery substance abuse treatment centers open up for nurses. Places that typically aren't high volume in narcotics are good places for us. Not sure what your specialty is, I've seen in my area nurses working for pediatricians. Insurance companies that need nursing claims adjustors is another thought as I have a friend working in Atlanta doing that sort of work. Maybe the local health department. Case management is a good area. It's not easy but it's not impossible either, something will come up. I was interviewed a couple years back to work in a laboratory,and one of the guys in my nurse support group worked at a Blood Bank.