Old 07-27-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
gibson3479

Yes,I am.I didnt start drinking heavily until 4 years ago though and Ive never been out drinking without my husband with me.So,Ive luckily never been in any situation to be tempted .I have a friend of 20 years who is normally very much in love with her boyfriend,but when she drinks she is a completely different person and has done things she regrets the next day.I never understood it but I guess alcohol brings out different things in different people.I was married in the past to a musician who was an alcoholic (way before I drank) and I suspected he cheated on me a few times after shows ...his phone would convienatly be off when he was hours later than normal coming home....or me finding a condom receipt in his car (we had never even once used them)I personally couldnt live with either...him being drunk all the time(ironic now) and me not trusting him...The lack of trust drove me crazy and I couldnt do it.I have 2 children with him as well and we are now friends,I have no hard feelings any longer and I know he has his issues, but I just cant live without trust...It took me several years to realize that no matter what he did I would always question it.Im not suggesting you leave...every person is diffferent.I was just giving my experience.It is even more scary when you have children...You want them to have a stable family.....I personally didnt find mine,his or theirs stable any longer at that point.