View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi DWP,

Welcome to the forum. I've seen some of your posts, and you always have something helpful to say.

I am also in the medical field, and all our training does not seem to make much difference where opiate addiction is concerned. In some ways, it makes our susceptibility worse.

If you've done this before, you know the drill. You know how sick you will feel, and how strong the urge to get more drug is. It is hard to deprive yourself of something you know will make you feel better instantly. But of course, opiate use is non sustainable over time, and it turns on you before you even know what is happening.

I did start my addiction with orthopedic surgery, but after having become addicted, I totally understand why someone would use opiates recreationally. I have a new view of addiction that I think can only come from have been there.

I hope you find the forum useful. Having 7 months clean, I am no way "home free", but if I can help someone else along the way like I was helped on this forum, that is why I stay and try to irritate everyone else here as much as possible.

FT