View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
roundincircles

Hi everyone - Just looking for more advice. Since first posting here in April, my husband has had about 4 absolute benders and after each one the guilt and self hate gets worse. 4 weeks ago the day after he said he knew he was out of control and that he was going to go to an AA meeting and take notes every day to help him stay on the straight and narrow. Then 2 weeks ago he had to go to the overseas on a work conference and he ended up staying out all night drinking on one of the nights. That was 10-14 days ago and two days ago he was meant to have a minor operation in hospital where he was staying in overnight. He left to go to the hospital in the morning but he ended up cancelling his appointment and instead stayed out all day and all night drinking. Yesterday morning he sent me an email confessing to being 'out of control' and having slept with someone whilst overseas. I managed to get him to come home and he also confessed to having slept with other people when he is out on his all night benders and that the guilt is eating him up and he can't go on lying and living the life and he needs help and wanted me to know the truth. We have a 7 month old son and if it wasn't for that fact I would ask him to leave.

I am asking for advice now as my Husband wants to get serious help and do the 12 steps program but does anyone know where to start and where to go? We live in Sydney and he has a job so can't go into a clinic but he acknowledges that he will be dead unless he can stop this.

He says the people he has slept with have only ever been one night stands and he is always so drunk he doesn't even know their names. The guilt he is currently going through is extreme and I cannot believe we are at this point.

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated