View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Originally Posted by WendyOWilliams View Post
i used to run out in the driveway and stop my ExAH. Hide the keys. Rage. Lecture. Feel superior. I realized years later I shouldn't have tolerated it even once and broken up with him cause normal people don't put up with that stuff. The real answer isn't turning them in, it's getting that insane, risky behavior away from you and yours. Turning them in will only suck for you too cause you'll still be wrapped up. You'll pay the fine. You'll drive him/her around. You'll suffer but in a way you'll have it coming because you stayed with him. I mean "you" in a general way, not you specifically.
I have to disagree/agree Wendy. The answer is definetely not raging/lecturing/trying to control them... but if they choose to put the car in drive and go out on the road... the answer IS call the police and report them. You should NOT pay the fine. You should not get sucked in and drive them around. There is no need for you to suffer because of what they are doing. And if someone is going to continue that risky/irresponsible behavior - then yes, separate/protect yourself from THEIR consequences.

But under NO circumstances is it okay to not report drunk driving that you witness.