View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aidadeb

Dealing with Loneliness & Boredom

Hi Everyone, I started my heavy drinking and binging a few years ago when I started living alone. I think my worse trigger is loneliness, so alcohol became my companion. I also get bored being home alone at night, so again I drink. I am afraid to date now, because of my drinking, so I won't meet a companion. That means I will continue to be alone...more loneliness..my worse trigger. Lastly, I am a realtor and that is a very stressful job in this very down market. And of course finances have become a problem. These are my triggers. I don't crave alcohol all the time...just when I'm triggered. I can stop on my own, but I don't think I should continue to drink. I really think if I did have partner that it would be easier for me to not drink heavily. I know that I have reached the point where social drinking is probably out of the question. Just wondering if anyone has some advice, since I spent the last 5 days binging and I am totally miserable. Haven't been sleeping which makes things worse.