View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SusieC

How to handle those who don't understand

I have severe anxiety and panic attacks and I have huge problems, maybe you can give me some words of wisdom.
My bf just doesn't get it. He gets angry when I have a panic attack and doesn't understand that I don't do it on purpose. Otherwise he is a great man but when I have anxiety or panic attacks he suddenly becomes very mad at me, is verbally abusive and somehow I guess he thinks it's only an act. How can I explain it to him so he can understand me? Or is it hopeless? Should I just hide away when I have an attack? The problem with this is that the attack is so intense and so terrifying, I don't think that I could do that.

My other problem is my mother whose friend commited suicide and it all started with an anxiety medication they prescribed to her. So she absolutely is unsupportive, she thinks that I must deal with this and only my willpower is enough and when I wanted to take medications she acted like I was going to die and it was horrible, I don't want to do that one more time. I don't know what to do with them. Any advice? What would you do?