View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Fenris
Came to Believe

Bayliss, I agree that it's not a good idea to drink "non-alcoholic" beer or anything along those lines for all the reasons that others have stated above. But as far as your sobriety is concerned, I think it usually comes down to motivation. If it was your motivation to drink "near-beer" to catch a buzz or alter your state of mind (which I don't think is really possible, but that's not the point), then yes, I would question your sobriety if I was you. To me, it's kinda like having surgery and having to take narcotics afterwards. If you take only as many as your supposed to and stop taking them as soon as you can, and if your motivation isn't to get high, I don't think that should count against you. Some would disagree with me on that, but that's my take on it. Ultimately though, it's up to you to decide what drinking NA beer means to you and your sobriety. No one else can tell you that. (But I definitely don't think you're a joke -- the fact that you're even worried about this proves that you aren't).

Sobriety is as much a state of mind as it is a state of being.

--Fenris.