Old 07-21-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

Your husband can be given visitation, so your children will still get hugs from him.

Living with your husband is not healthy for your children. You need to look at the long term ramifications your children will suffer by continuing to live with an addict. Children of addicts have a 70% change of developing a compulsive behavior, such as addiction, poor coping skills or codependency. It is also has been shown thru scientific studies that addiction is 50% due to predispostion and 50% due to poor coping skills. True? I do not know, I do know that children carry their childhood experiences into adulthood, I had a front row seat to living in a toxic enviorment, and I have paid the price as an adult.

I believe that a child needs to live with a responsible parent. There is no way that an addict can be classified as a responsible person.

The decision is totally yours, and you do not have to make the decision today, just try and keep your children as your priorty, you are their voice, you are their future.

I know how difficult it is, so, take your time, consider all options and when and if you are ready to make a change, you will.