Old 07-20-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
butterflyflight

One day you wake up and just know enough is enough

Hello again.

Nine months and 1 day ago there was a tap, tap tap on window that lead to me opening door, long story short, drunk aggressive, refused to leave (not violent this time but mean, nasty, scarey) police came said leave, next day obtained restraining order. Of course he was innocent I was mean wicked crazy woman....whatever.
Ive posted a few calls with kids made me uncomfortable, frightened, but that was it. Allegedly sober in sober house.
Last night there was a familiar tap, tap , tap on window. I turned on light, saw noone, yelled whos there silence, had to be standing close to door in my blindspot.
Echoing in my ears was judges words, "next time you open the door, just may be your last." I didnt think twice picked up the phone dialed 911, said someones outside, no car, please send someone to look around, my STBEXAH was served with a child support order recently and Im scared. She stayed on phone with me. I was trying to look out window, talking to her, person must have heard me, tried opening door knob, then loud kick to door, my 10 year old screamed, dogs went nuts, 911 operator heard it, confirmed officers werent on scene yet, were 30 seconds away....

They came around 1 corner, Im positive he just walked down sidewalk opposite way. Cops issued trespass warnings to kids in park by my fence, but it wasnt them , dogs werent concerned with them.
I had officers look in every shadow in yard and where I know Ive been stalked from across street, noone of course. He may have been there mocking us in the shadows....it wouldnt be first time.

The way the final kick to the door was, when he could hear me, that is very typical Ah behavior when Ive called police, parents anyone. The tapping was same rhythm I heard for years. No doubt in my mind it was him, but if anyone saw him they arent speaking.

I wish it was over, but was helped to realize my growth. 1 year ago, I would have let him in, heck 9 months ago I did. I definitely heard the Judges words, remembered the bailiffs hug and said dont let him get you, I remember everything we learned in DV support group. Ill never go back.

I cant predict when or if it will happen again, just always have a safety plan and never turn back, no regrets Im breaking through.

Thanks for reading