Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Froglet

Originally Posted by AcceptingChange View Post
I get days when i'm so freaking anxious. I want to deal with this, want to solve it, don't want to flee from it. But what a monster! I really don't know what to do, but i will keep trying.

- I just got the book "The Food Solution to Control Anxiety". I'm going to change my diet, see if that helps.
- I am keeping up with exercise. I had a great outdoor morning workout yesterday, and that seemed to help. But then this morning, i'm hit with fear, and all the benefits evaporated.
- I write/journal everyday.
- Staying sober.
- Taking Paxil (20mg).
- Reducing caffeine.

This stuff seems so freaking unfair, like cancer. I don't want it, but i got it. And i'm sort of angry about it too.

My work environment is semi-hostile too. Probably half the people are unfriendly, pissed off, always irritated about everything, shooting dirty looks and gossip everywhere. I get the feeling that i direct my anger inwards, and they direct theirs outwards. So i lose both ways.

What are you trying to do for your anxiety? What have you found that works?
Good job. Having a plan and trying to stick to it is going to be vital. Keep it up. If you are on medication as it seems, make sure to remain in contact and be honest about how you are feeling.

My issue is controlling the physical symptoms. Like you've said, work played a big role because some days I am fine, but others can be horrendous.