Old 07-18-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tealvertigo

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's taken me many years to get the wisdom behind the idea of letting go Teal....& I sometimes still have the occasional sleepless night.

But the fact is...me stewing on something that's happened is only hurting *me*...I'm letting something that hurt me once hurt me again and again and again...

I can't change whatever it is that happened, I'm guessing the other person involved is probably sleeping soundly...so whats the point?

Try thinking about the things you should be grateful for, and the good things in your life.

If that doesn't work, I usually get up and watch TV or read a book - whatever...do anything but obsess on this further

D
Thank you both.

It's very discouraging when you decide to move on with life, and continue to be haunted by anger that you wish you could have just let go. It's not even a matter of me wanting to be angry; it has everything to do with me being used to being angry to the point where, without it, things don't feel right. I can't even begin to want to figure out what's going on in my subconscious right now.

I think I'm more angry at myself than I know, but it manifests itself as being angry at other people.