View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I do have an al anon group I go to. There's only one meeting p week in my town and the next closest one isn't realistic to drive to. I get a lot out of it but the "make up" of the group is all parents of alcoholics except me. I have gotten a lot from all the folks there- it's a small group- but there's that connection that's lacking... I have a few close girlfriends who I talk to a lot but really would love to find an al anon group I felt a closer connection to. KWIM? I understand we all relate on a "we love an A" level but I'd really like to know others who I can talk to in face to face meetings who are doing this with young kids like me... I think as much as there are shared experiences we all have, it's different when it's a child vs a spouse etc... Neither is easier or harder-- just different experiences and this site is generally where I get my "connections" with those in similar ish experiences/places in life...

I am really glad for you that you have a great group and support in person particularly for your surgery-- that's really great... I hope surgery goes well.