View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Like others have said, I find it hard to believe IF there is a sponsor (my AH when he was pretending to be in "R" had several pretend sponsors!) that he/she actually said that...

Just this week I was told by my AH that the guy who runs his outpatient rehab (that AH continued to go to bc the court ordered it even though he was drinking incessantly) told him during his "checkout" meeting (last meeting was this past week) that I (meaning me) was "a disturbed person". I'll admit my knee jerk reaction was to obsess about this and worry what someone else thought of me but my second and longer lasting reaction was to laugh.

IF and it's a big if, the outpatient director said this then it means AH is a super duper con man (he is), the rehab guy is a moron or both. And either way, I don't care. Same with your "R"AH's "sponsor". If he said that about al anon then it's the blind leading the blind in that sponsoring relationship. And chances are, if I was betting, I'd bet your H is making it up.

Try (hard as it is) to ignore the nonsense and picture a big sign saying QUACK over his head when he says stuff like that... I think I read that on here somewhere and frankly its helped me be able to laugh off some crazy and formerly hurtful stuff that I'd have reacted crazily to that comes out of AH's mouth...