View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
458Cooper

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes.

I'll check into the books and keep the 3 c's in mind. I've already found some podcast for al-anon on itunes and have been listening to them. I've also spent a lot of time reading these post.

At this point in our relationship I don't think I care for her anymore and just want out. My only problem is I have two sons, one 18 and one 4. I can't just leave, I pictured myself doing that in my head and all I could see was looking back at a house on fire and leaving my young son in there. My oldest lives with his mom in another state.

I'm going to go see an attorney next month and see what my options are. I want her to get out of the house so me and little C can have some happy times. Knowing the way the law tends to favor leaving the child with the mother that probably won't happen.

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

I still haven't told her I found her stash but this weekend she wanted the combo to my gunsafe and I refused to give it to her. She wanted to know why and I told her the truth that after what she said she didn't need access to my guns. She claimed she was just kidding. Isn't that what they all say after they've cooled off?

The only reason I was marking the bottles was for my own curiosity to maybe see just how much she was drinking.

She went to the liquor store I'm pretty sure last night. She said she had to go get a scrip filled that was called in. It should have taken her 10 minutes. She came back about 30 minutes later and was in a much happier mood. That wears off pretty quick though and she gets into the easily agitated mood withing a couple of hours. I woke up the next morning and she was sprawled out on the couch with a glass of OJ on the floor. It didn't smell like it had vodka in it though.

458Cooper