View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BullDog777

thank you all for such heart warming posts.

whatever prayers were sent seem to be working because she looked 100 times better this morning than she has in the past few days.

her blood pressure is stable...(at one point it got as low as 63/44) she has alot of color back and is starting to eat again. the doctors are trying some new meds and they're very hopeful that this could be the beginning of some sort of recovery.

my dad was beaming when we walked out of there. it really made me feel better.

on to another subject for a minute.....

my dad also brought something up to me this morning before we went to the icu. he said "if your mom goes, i won't have any reason to stay alive anymore."

he asked us to move in with him if my mom dies so he would have another reason to continue to go on.
i was pretty taken back, but my wife told me that she'd do it for him as they have always had a good relationship and when i asked my 5 year old daughter, all she did was yell, "YAYYYY"!!...so i guess i have her blessing too.

it kinda makes sence. they have a big old house with plenty of room and a big yard. i think it would work out fine, and i think it'll be the plan once my mom goes.

i hope it's not one we have to think about for a LONG time though.

anyway, i feel better that my mom is doing better and i'm glad that my dad feels like he's got a future either way.

hopefully, this is the road back to recovery for my mom.

keep saying those prayers.

with much love and gratitude,
BDog