View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Usually when I read questions about "addictions to AA" I figure someone is exaggerating a bit or just doesn't "get it." Early recovery IS a slow process, and for some people that means heavy meeting attendance in the beginning.

HOWEVER, your husband's situation does seem rather odd. I've been "around" AA for a very long time (first husband sober 31 years) and I'm in AA myself, as well as having been in Al-Anon, and I don't remember ever hearing of anything QUITE like this.

I don't think your discomfort at having your kids hang around an Oxford House is at all unreasonable. I also don't think this sounds like much of a life for you and them. It doesn't sound from your description that he has any desire to come home and be a contributing partner. So I guess the bottom line is, are you willing to live the rest of your life this way?

You can be thoroughly happy for his sobriety and still not want the kind of life he seems to have chosen.

I'm glad you are seeing a therapist/counselor. What does s/he say about this situation??