Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kmangel

Originally Posted by WIworrier View Post
EVEN a friend of ours who is a drug counselor told him not to get the cops involved...
GHEESH....when will this end?
The police will probably be involved eventually. For my son, the policeman that gave my son his two DUI's set in motion the end of his addiction. Hopefully it will forever be the end of his addictive drug usage. After two DUI's and wrecking his car on the way to see the judge, the judge said "enough already" and ordered our son to go to rehab (or jail but my son chose rehab). His lawyer told him just before he was to go to court that he was going to have to go to jail so my son went out and got high thinking if he was going to have to go to jail he might as well get high first. Totally crazy thinking but that's how addicts think. The judge, thank God, decided that rehab was the better choice for our son and he is now clean and sober. I am hoping he is ready now to really make a change and continue getting healthy again. It is good to see him in his right mind now, not fighting the demons that just one month ago controlled and consumed him.