Thread: PTSD and Anger
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Exclamation PTSD and Anger

I don't know what took me so long to get on task with my anger and how it relates to my PTSD. I react, unfortunately to a particular narrow PTSD symptom trigger. I can avoid this trigger easily enough in my day to day life. In fact, typical daily life will not effected one little bit if I don't go out of my way to be triggered.

Seems simple, yet I have been going out of my way to expose myself to this trigger in a hope I will become desensitized to such. If I wasn't nuts already, my self-treatment method of: 'what the hell was I thinking' desensitization technique is driving me nuts.

I have to know my limitations. I can not be involved in this triggering no matter what. I will be aware and be cautious where I post on SR.

This is a great recovery site, The Mods/Admin of SR have given so much leeway for me to learn. I am so grateful for the learning opportunity . I'm a greeter at Secular and I need to keep my nose out of a few forums here and just stick with what helps, not only for me but for others on this wonderful site.

Sorry for rambling on, yet it dose help to vent a bit.

What anger management sites, resources, insight might you share with me. All comments are welcome, but secular suggestions would be best.

Thanks everybody...