Old 07-13-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ElvisInASkirt

Originally Posted by Tippingpoint View Post
I'm 6'1" and weigh 182, so I would agree that it would be easier if you were a little lighter - depends on your body type too though.

I've never run a full before. I ran half marathons the past two years and finished in 1:40 and 1:45. So, based on that I have a goal in mind for the full to finish at 3:45 or less. Hopefully I'm not delusional!

I can relate to what you said about drinking the night before your runs. I used to use the runs as a hangover cure...gawd, I feel horrible...maybe running 10km will make me feel better - and it usually did, but I'm sure it didn't do my running any good!

Good luck with it.
I'm a fatty like. Weight has went up 10lbs since the marathon itself mainly because I've cut back on the runs and not cut back so much on the food (especially pizza...)

1:40 is an amazing time. I ran a 2:19 in my first and only half. Drank the night before and forgot to bring any energy gels whatsoever. God.

I've another half lined up in Glasgow in September but I'm thinking about canceling going as my recovery is more important. I entered myself into loads of half marathons with the idea of going to new cities and drinking in them. Stupid god damn plan.

I was even ready to book my entry into the Las Vegas Rock N Roll Half Marathon in December!