View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FT

Hi hopeful,

In the first week off the OX, I counted my progress in hours, then days. After the first week, I started counting in weeks. Amazingly, I will be 7 months clean in two days, and I STILL am noticing improvement, only now I count it on a monthly scale. Ha! It's kind of like that wacky way parents count the age of their children in months until they are about two and a half years old. Hey! I did that too!

Yes, in the first week, probably two, my sweat glands did NOT know what they were supposed to do. I would be freezing cold, but putting on a hot pad would make me feel sicker. Crap like that.

What's going on is your body doesn't know what equilibrium is for awhile, because you threw a monkey wrench into the "normal" gauge while using. Oxy is so toxic, it's no wonder you feel sick for at least a week after stopping. Then you still have to relearn "normal".

Just remember all the weird sweating and bowel problems are part of detoxifying. Drink LOTS of fluids. I had a lot of soup and yogurt my first few days. Plus I drank a lot of green tea, which SOME argue helps to detox. I don't know, but the fluids will help.

Hang in there!

FT