View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

When I was in college, Vodka was the preferred drink for people-who-were-drinking-places-they-weren't-allowed-to-drink. I used to be in the band, and after marching around on the football field for practice one night, watching the first trumpet stumble around with his trusty water-bottle-full-of-vodka by his side, the second trombone with her orange-juice-and-vodka cocktail (she drank whiskey when she didn't want to hide her drinking), the sousaphone player with his red-Gatorade-and-vodka, and the rest of the band with their I-have-no-idea-what-they're-drinking-but-it-probably-has-vodka-in-it, and realizing that I was one of only two sober people at practice and that this whole fiasco would play out again for the actual football game in the "no alcohol allowed" stadium that weekend...
I quit the school band the next day and joined the church choir band instead.

XABF never "graduated" to Vodka while I was with him, he still preferred his cheap whiskey, but I have seen first hand that vodka is the drink of choice when trying to hide the consumption of alcoholic beverages.