View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by Asharin View Post
I do know that addicts lie, but I also know that im not going to walk away from him at this point. He did want to go to a halfway house but I don't have the money and he doesn't have the money so it's not going to happen at this point from the facility that he's in. I'm not believing everything he says, and I'm not living in some dream world that this is going to be easy. I realize that you have all experienced this first hand and I'm new to this. However, every situation is different. I know I cannot stop him from doing anything but again he did come to me for help so I'm going to at the very least see where this goes. I realize that you are all trying to help but I feel like I'm being attacked every time I post something. I really don't feel as though there is any story to check out there. As soon as I told his therapist I didn't have the money for the deposit he changed his tune and said well then he's coming home. As long as my insurance is paying them he was welcome to stay. After that they would've put him on a plane anyway. There are people who stay clean so it can be done. You may have all given up on your loved ones but this is still new to me and I'm just not there yet. I have not stopped living my own life and I don't plan on it.
Asharin,

I understand how you feel. Every situation is different, each person is different. you have to make the choices that you feel are right. My heart hurts for you, for I know that this is a tough situation.
I encourage you to find out if there is an al-anon/nar-anon meeting close to you. It is a good support, and you will most likely need it, for this situation will probably get tougher yet.
This is a great place, and I know how it was when i first came and shared my story. some were tough on me, and I felt hurt, cause i needed some support, not pushing and shaming. A lot of people here have been where you are, and they have a lot of experience dealing with addicts/alcoholics. For the most part, the tough sharing is meant in good will, to help. it is not easy to hear some of the viewpoints. But you will find many here who will give you support and understanding. And we will be here when you need to talk. You are facing a major event, and I wish you well.
Perhaps there is a place near by, that does not charge . there are such places. tho there is usually a waiting list. call salvation army, they have a lot of programs. free ones. I dont trust every group out there, and i think that a lot of places are money makers.

I hope that he gets his life together. I have learned that the best teacher for him is suffering the consequences of his behaviors. Not making things easy for him, not letting him tell you things that may not be accurate. Be strong, and stilck around. read the stickies here, on enabling, on addiction and recovery. there is much here that is helpful. he has to be the one to want to be well. you cant guide him into it. so, my thoughts are with you, and as i said, we are here for you.
hugs.
chicory