View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Asharin

I do know that addicts lie, but I also know that im not going to walk away from him at this point. He did want to go to a halfway house but I don't have the money and he doesn't have the money so it's not going to happen at this point from the facility that he's in. I'm not believing everything he says, and I'm not living in some dream world that this is going to be easy. I realize that you have all experienced this first hand and I'm new to this. However, every situation is different. I know I cannot stop him from doing anything but again he did come to me for help so I'm going to at the very least see where this goes. I realize that you are all trying to help but I feel like I'm being attacked every time I post something. I really don't feel as though there is any story to check out there. As soon as I told his therapist I didn't have the money for the deposit he changed his tune and said well then he's coming home. As long as my insurance is paying them he was welcome to stay. After that they would've put him on a plane anyway. There are people who stay clean so it can be done. You may have all given up on your loved ones but this is still new to me and I'm just not there yet. I have not stopped living my own life and I don't plan on it.