View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

Originally Posted by TeM View Post

My own AW has had relatively long periods of sobriety, but so far has relapsed every time. In her mind, the fact that she's not drunk every day seems to indicate that she can "control" it.
I missed this the first time around. YES. Mine thinks the same thing. She feels she's done her part and has improved tremendously. She sees reducing from 2 bottles of wine a day down to a couple of glasses a day is fine. She's even started drinking a beer. She comes inside and says, wow I sure would like a beer. Then goes and gets one. As if it is perfectly ok, and she's got it all figured out.

Ref throwing dinner plates on the floor. I think there is some significant room for improvement. But don't tell her that! Oh no. You'd be invalidating all she's done. If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

If aliens visited our world and were able to "cloak" themselves to observe our behavior, I hope they don't watch our families actions. It would certainly give them something to talk about on the mothership, though.