Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ElvisInASkirt

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That was one of the things I disagreed with Carr on, but I guess his book was really aimed at drinkers a few notches back from where I was...I already knew alcohol was poison.

Night was a big problem for me too EIAS....it used to terrify me, and oblivion made it bearable...then when I actually got sober, I wondered what used to terrify me so much...

Good luck with your marathon

D
Thanks for the advice there D. The only reason I wanted to take that drink was to ensure I was following all the steps correctly. I can't think of tequila without a gag reflex starting. In fact I was scouting for a tequila shot in the store and I couldn't find any yet whenever I looked at the rest of the drinks I started having a gag reflex. I wonder if there's a way to increase this sensation?

Almost like A Clockwork Orange.

It's night now here and drunken kids are rioting in the streets everywhere as part of the public holiday. All of them drunk out of their skulls. I've cranked open the window more so that I can hear them and hear what booze can do to rational people. Besides if I can get through tonight unintimidated by the angry thoughts outside of my head, what chance do the angry thoughts inside my head have of remaining a threat?