View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
udntknwme45

Originally Posted by Lynet View Post
Hey friends...well it doesnt look like I will be posting a success story anytime soon. I was on the 3rd day of being sober, the withdrawls were tapering off, and I could sleep. We were invited to a BBQ by some long time friends and since I had been cooped up for a few days an feeling bette, we decided to go. It was nice to socialize even though my stomache was still a little unpredictable from the withdrawls. I was on my way across the yard, I stepped into a hole, rolled my foot , and went down. Went down hard too.

So...turns out I SHATTERED my wrist and broke 2 fingers. I ended up having to have emergency surgery last night to repair my wrist. Had to have a plate and 4 pins. I have not been released yet. Looks like it wont be until tomorrow. Lovely. Almost seems like all that suffering with the withdrawls was redundant. the important thing for me is tgat I did not fail. This was not within my control. I just hope when the time comes, I am strong enough once again to kick the habit. What am I supposed to do...suffer?
I wish you luck as you start again as it seems. I know what the withdrawls can do to a person. No pick nick to say the least. I had a yr clean one time and had to have surgery. I thought I had a plan, but that plan faild....terably. So Today ten yr's of being an addict I sit here with my Sub's and I feel great, all the cravings.....gone... The want to, the insane Dr hopping, steeling, lie's, GONE..Wow...I am an honest person as I am sure u r but the drugs stold, or rather I freely gave it to the drugs. No more...This stuff works.