View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nm1212

Originally Posted by Starfishrunning View Post
Welcome NM! I too am on day 4. I also have gotten to the point where I feel like I am compromising my health, I can't "get away" with the drinking any longer. I cringe thinking what I have done to my body. Physically, I just don't feel well a lot of the time. I used to run a lot but put that on the back burner because I was either too hungover to run or too buzzed. That is going to change. I do know that the best thing we can do is quit. Our bodies will thank us.
Yeah, there was a time about 4 or 5 months ago when I was dry for 18 days. I felt great. I started running 4 times a week again. Working out again. And then one day I was just bored, and that was it. I hadn't had more than three days of sobriety since.

It's funny because I'm fine with boredom, restlessness, or anxiety this time around. I don't care. Not drinking is preferable to chest pains, bloating, headaches, shakes, sweats, no sleeping, and being out of shape. Even getting drunk has become more of a don't-feel-like-crap thing and then I just pass out. Rinse & repeat.

Screw that. I'm tappin' out. My productivity levels are already starting to rise again. Drinking has become so unattractive and so repulsive to me now that I can't reconcile being happy & healthy and have that crap in my life. I just can't. I've realized I'm one of those not-one-drink kind of people.

Whatever. I'm cool with that.

- nm1212