View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

Are you kidding me?

Last night I recieved a phone call from my exabf's sister. A nice lady who became my friend. We keep in touch, sometimes she just needs someone to talk to as she has an 15 year old daughter who contracted spinal menegitis as a baby, is blind, deaf, and fed through a tube in her stomach. She was married to an addict, and gets no child support or public aid. She works in the health care field, and is fortunate to be able to take her daughter with her to work. She has a very tough life, yet never complains.

That is a little background as to what comes next.

So, she tells me exabf is in the hospital, he now has a mixed connective tissue disease, an auto immune disease that is destroying his joints. The doctors say this has come about due to his long term crack use. Ok, he goes to the hosiptal because he is in so much pain, my guess
is that he wolfed down all his pain meds and had non left to make it to his next refill, hence off to the hospital he goes.

So, now he is being given all kinds of tests, the doctors have determined that his liver has some abnormalities, his sister is concerned.

She lives in another state and asks me to go to the hospital and check on him......WHAT? No way, no can do. She was a little upset with me, but she said she understood.

About an hour later the hospital calls, they want me to come there as, he named me as his medical power of attorney...WHAT? Are you kidding me?
Sorry, no can do, I do not accept this responsibility. I am told that I have to provide the hospital with a letter stating that I am refusing to serve in
that capacity. I wrote the letter and high tailed it off to the hospital.

The nurse says there are more tests required, and that he is not capable of making the decisions, he is halucinating. I give them the letter and advise her to contact the family.

Get home, his sister calls , they have contacted her again. She cannot come here and will not accept the responsibility either. I ask about his dad, she says he is drunk as usual and will not come here, has no interest in doing anything.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, this is just another example of how addiction has tenacles that reach far and wide. And, how my peace has been disrupted once again, all because of addiction.

I am fine, I know that I have made the right decision. I am sorry that he is where he is today, but, he chose this path, and for every bad action, there is a bad reaction. I cannot let him back in my life, and it appears that his family cannot either. I hope that this all works out ok for him, although it doesn't sound good.

I hate drug addiction

Last edited by dollydo; 07-09-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: typo