View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Asharin

Thank you all for your posts. Today was quite eye opening for me. I found out more about what is actually going on. I didn't mention this in my first post but my son was put on ADHD meds as soon as he got to the facility. This was a surprise to me because he had never seemed like he needed them. Anyway, they were helping him so I was ok with it. Last week he said he stopped taking them because they kept increasing his dose when he said they put in a fog. That I was told about. What I wasn't told about was that he had bought energy drinks while grocery shopping and had been drinking them which wasnt allowed so he was basically bouncing off the walls. He has not been focused, and when asked to extend his stay, told his therapist that he needed to go. This was where the suggestions came in for the halfway house. Once I was finally told the truth about what was going on, I thought that would be better than coming home. Then they told me that I would have to pay for it until he got a job. Unfortunately, I cant afford that right now. That immediately made his counselor change his tune and say then he will be coming home. Now I'm facing my 22-year old son coming home when he doesn't want to and should really still be in the program he's in now. His counselor is going to find him a program where we live and set up his first appt., but now I'm terrified that it's going to go really bad. I'm flying down there next Friday and bringing him home with me but I'm hoping that sometime between now and when we get on that plane I cam convince him to stay. I know I cant make him do what he doesn't want to, but he just started a new med so I'm really praying.. Wow, I'm sorry this is so long....