View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SwanSong

I used to have this is a footer-

"Experience is not what happens to a man, it is what a man does with what happens to him." Aldous Huxley

I got a 2nd offense DUI. It was dismissed. Then the DA decided to appeal it. So one could say it has come back to haunt me, or one could say I was very fortunate not to hurt anybody, it was one of the catalyst's in terms of me getting sober, and I learned from that experience.

Try to turn that situation into a positive rather than viewing all the negatives. I wouldn't worry about trying to explain your situation to the company - they have no vested interest in you but the recruiter is somebody I would 'consider' explaining my situation to if you feel comfortable doing so.

Regardless of whether you decide to talk to the recruiter or not, many people don't ever get sober. If that's some of the worst repercussions from your drinking I'd say you are pretty lucky- alot of us go down a lot further....

Besides, you're sober? If you had woken up that day, got the job somehow and never got sober- would you better off than you are now? I would say that's not even comparing apples to apples!

Congrats on 5.9 months - hope to see you post at 6!