View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
refrigerator

The past is coming back to haunt me

Well, I've been back in college for 5 weeks now and as of now it looks like I will pass both of my classes and graduate...finally

Since being back, I have had nothing to drink! 6 months sober this upcoming tuesday!

Anyway, I've been looking for a job. I have a "head hunter" trying to place me with a company...any company. If he get's me a job, then the company that hires me pays him. You know the routine.

Anyway, today he finally gave a presentation of me to a client of his. Turns out, it was a company that did on campus recruiting in the fall semester. I signed up for an interview, and I was a no show. So needless to say that company doesn't view me in a very bright light and I likely won't land an interview. I also feel bad because I think I may have made the head hunter guy look bad.

What is to blame? Well, I'll give you one guess. My drinking problem strikes again! I was too hungover/anxious/tired to roll out of bed to go to a damn interview. Now, it's making me look like a low life. If only they understood. If only they knew I am a completely different person now...

I have only myself to blame. And I'm glad those days are all over with. It's just so FRUSTRATING that I've been doing everything right since i quit drinking, but my fallacies from back then show up when i least expect it. Damn it!

Lesson learned.