View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sereniti

Meth Addiction

Katrina, I just wanted to send you my thoughts and prayers for your family. I am a wife, and mother of 7 kids. I am also a recovering meth addict and alcoholic. I used meth everyday for 7 years, and a lot! I have now been clean for 9 years from it, and I still have dreamz about it on a weekly basis.

I have been blessed that none of my kidz have had any drug use. So, I can only speak from my own experience but not as a mother trying to get thru such a terrible and difficult time. I do believe that what the others said about giving him money...You are just enabling him to continue. You need to completely shut yourself from helping him in that capacity. I would let him know that U love him and are there if he needs to talk, but that you no longer can financially help him, and that you hope one day he understands. It doesn't matter how much you help him emotionally or financially...If he doesn't want to stop he isn't going to by others sending him to rehabs. He has to want to stop and then take full time responsibility for his staying clean. It is a complete life changing process to not go around Absolutely anyone that is also using, he will have to start from square one again.

God Bless You,
Sereniti