View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Saw the pdoc today

Well she def ruled out all those disorders I thought were BS. All except the bipolar. She thinks I am more type 1 than 2 tho. Only because I have extreme highs. Like I get really hyper alot and feel like I can go and go and I do. But when I have my lows I am really depressed like all day sometimes for a couple days at a time. Crying for no reason and thinking crazy things like my family is just tolerating me but really they wish I would just go somewhere and leave them alone. Things like that.
Anyway. Mood disorder and borderline personality disorder were def ruled out.
She said the same thing I did about them diagnosing me right after a week long binge. I have a little over a month now.
So she has prescribed me Topamax. Small dose for the first week and then double it next week and see how it does. I expressed my concern with the weight gain so she said that one promotes weight loss. So we will see.
She agrees about not putting me on a bunch of different meds and not trying to go through a bunch trying to tweek them until one works. She she said start with this and go from there. Plus I want to try and have a baby some time in the near future. So she aid we should stay mindful of that too with the meds.
So anyway I go back in 2 weeks and she thinks I should do regular counceling too.Which I agree with too.
So I just need someone to takke me to get the meds and I am good so far.
I feel better now. I am calling IOP tomorrow and see what they say too. I cant find a job so I mught as well take advantageof this time and do what I should be doing first anyway.
So maybe things happen for reason.