View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
chicory

Hi Katrina,

I am sorry for I know this is very painful for you. I wish I had answers, but I am still letting my 40 year old son live with me. He is not drinking or drugging, unless he gets money, which he does not get. since he does not work. but when he does, he abuses his self, and me as a casualty of his frustrations, anxieties, and not doing anything for his self.

I made things easier for my son during his young life too. Went to school when there were problems, and made excuses for him when I should not have. I never let him suffer when he needed to. now, he only thinks of his self. and it is killing me.

I hope that you can get to nar anon. i dont know if people take meth to stay off oxi, but that sounds like crap to me. he could go for help , if he wanted help. I hope your mom is ok, as it might be hell for her too, dealing with him. he may be stealing her blind. but, you can't make him want to change, only his experiences in this world can do that.

I hope that you can find some comfort. please hang around here. it is the only thing keeping me sane, and the only thing that is helping me to see the light and hopefully to get stronger and put my son out. I feel he has mental issues, but i feel that he could come to me and say, I want to feel better, i want to get my life together, but he does not . he wants his cake and to eat it too. free ride, tho he hates his life, he needs help. and i am lost. dont let your son run your life. what if you werent here, what would he do.

i am hoping to get my son out, and i hope that he wants to live. i am almost losing my mind. dont let your son get to be 40, and still living with you, using you up.

wishing him and you well,
chicory