View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
maningup

In need of advice and suggestions

HI!
I will be 40 this Saturday and I have made a decision to live a sober life. I have tried AA since I was 25, but only staying a few days then drinking again. I have never been a daily drinker, I mostly binge on the weekends that has confused me into thinking I may just be a heavy drinker. I have had some run-ins with the law, but mostly for fighting, when I was younger. This year I made a decision to stop drinking and did an outpatient program at Kaiser. I left feeling so hopeful and ready to live a sober life. I immediately got involved in AA, took on some commitments. Met someone with 3 years and started sleeping with them, they were married. It got weird and I felt guilty so I decided to end it. I went on to get my 60 day chip, got a good sponsor. I slipped 2 days after my 60 day chip, and was back at a meeting the next day. I did another 60 days, and then relapsed, I have been drinking on the weekends ever since. Tuesday morning I decided to give it another try and really man up this time. Not looking for pity, but no assholes either, just straight talk. Day 2 today!