View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cerberus
Eyes Open, No Fear

Thanks, guys for the replies so far. Anna, I have considered not going. But my kids are young and they are the ones most looking forward to it. I am sure they would appreciate a sober mom more than missing one trip, but I guess I want to find a way to do both and I don't want ruin their plans because of my problem.

Camping has changed a lot since I had kids, or my perception of myself has, and I honestly don't want them to grow up remembering that mom and dad always drank sooooo many beers when we were camping!

Nandm - I am really hoping to find out that I will love camping even more sober! All the things I remember from being a little kid who loved just being outside! Especially enjoying the peace and quiet, the fires at night, and not having to get up 6 times a night to pee because I drank all night. sigh.

I guess I am afraid my hubby will say no, I can still drink if you can't, it's my holiday too. And if he agrees but then he's miserable the whole time? Well, maybe that would show him something, too.