View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Boleo, thanks for asking... "my way" is working well. I've prepared myself well the past couple of years to come to the quitting point I'm at presently. I've used the following programs: AA (although not of my own choosing... it was somewhat vicariously soaked up through my mom), SMART, then onto Moderation Managment, and then WFS. I've belonged to a few forums. I use nutrition and exercise, along with yoga and meditation. I read everything I can... I would call myself a lifelong learner, and I'm college educated as well. I have a high IQ... even though AA'ers would say it's a hindrance, I thank God/Higher Power/or my genetics for blessing me with that... because had it not been for my intelligence and determination to succeed, a few tragic events in my life probably would have wiped me out entirely... I'm stubborn as well and my perseverance alone might be my biggest asset.

I've been sober for 8 months once, 30 days, 20 days, 11, and presently I'm 8 days sober. However, I do know I'm now sober for good (knock on wood... I'm not perfect).

You could say "my way" is a combination of programs along with a "stepped" approach.