View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
--did you truly try everything else?? if you tried everything, I doubt AA is the only thing left out there to help. Not saying AA should be a last resort... why do people think something picked as your last resort is the best option?? i don't follow the reasoning...

--why? because I don't want things to get any worse, that's why. i want recovery to recover what I've lost... no matter if I've lost what someone considers a lot... or whether I've hit "rock bottom" or not. Is there something AA'ers find boring and less dramatic about someone not being in the complete depths of despair... dragging themselves out of the gutter to find solace in the Big Book... because it's their last resort??
That just my experience, i couldn't care less who goes to AA to be honest, it's not up to me at all! Some of the posts make me smile cos i remember thinking the same thing but being in an absolute living hell, it's just a glib comment about how i get this picture that everything is ok, ill chill out and take my time with this decision whilst everything falls down around me...classic alcoholic behaviour, i did it:-)