View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
vj5386

Behavioral Cahnges

I am new and new some "direct" advice. My life is falling apart and has been doing so for many years. My 28 yr.old son came out of rehab a year ago for pain killer abuse. How long he had been using is still no clear but we know steady/dependent use started 6-7 months prior to him going to rehab (he lost his job and had to move back in with my husband and I). He also divorced and has a 2 year old son. He has never listened since he was 10 to advice, so his behavior is one of no financial responsibility, he has no organizational skills-his life is lived my the moment and his ADHD is more obvious than ever-his ability to focus and execute a plan is non-exisitant (it is as if he is still 10 years old) stubborn, confrontational, his car and room become embarrassing if not unbearable. He goes attend NA meetings for the most part and returns home motivated, but things don't change. I don't expect drugs at this time, he has 3-4 months ago, took Xanax, drank and had a seizure; since then I have seen no other evidence other than Suboxon film now and then. This week he drank a beer and realized he couldn't stop and became very frustrated. His lack of "growing up" and get his life together so that he can get OUT, he is going to destroy my marriage and everyone's chance for a relationship. When he is good, he is good, but the roller coaster ride is killing all of us. We do good to get thru 5 days without some "hell" raised. What /when will he get it and grow up? Please tell me how to get back to this site so that I can read your help. Thanks in advance.