Old 07-04-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
chloe214

Thanks,

We went to our first Al-Anon meeting last night. They say try 6 meetings until you find the one that fits. The meeting was geared to adult children of A and the focus on the steps. The step we walked into was step 9 about making amends. I was open minded and I thought it was going well until right at break my S said she had to leave cause she was uncomfortable and my mother used the excuse that she had to be home for her granddaughter and didn't realize it was going to be an hour and a half. We only had a half hour left. They were my ride so I had to leave too. But, I decided I am looking elsewhere for another meeting and going by myself. I couldn't stand the glares from my mother when we started reading about making amends. She is interpreting it much differently than I did. I think it would have been better for S if they started with step 1 but it's her choice if she wants to give up on the meetings.

My AS found out that I didn't want her here at the house today. She posted on facebook that none of her sisters are talking to her so f*** them. At first I was sad, then I was thanking god that he was giving me what I needed to justify in my head letting go of her. I am getting to the point where I don't need to be checking up on her because I already know what I will find. She has already proven enough that she isn't serious and she can own that and the consequences herself.

My parents and my nieces came over this morning, my 4 yr old niece stated, "mommy is sick. Why didn't you invite her to come over for the fireworks?". I couldn't answer her poor little thing. My mother didn't speak one word of AS so it made the day a lot nicer. They had to leave early and arn't coming back for the fireworks but it was a very nice day and I was able to not think so much about AS.

Thanks again for everyones support and hope your all enjoying your 4th!