View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
1undone

Well, for me I decided to check out an AA meeting because I was tired of the dialogue in my head about not drinking after a night of drinking yet again and feeling like shiz the next day. When I went to AA i was surrounded by a group of very "normal" looking people who focused on me - the newbie - and told me their stories. When I realized my story was their story and vice versa I thought, I need to be around these people! They get me and they aren't drinking.

I went to other meetings in different locations but they weren't as good as my dear old Friday group as they were my peers. I have a sponsor through that group and I am at day 51. I needed the peer understanding, that was the piece that was missing for me. I've started to make some great sober friends and I am really relieved, yes relieved...

I still obsess but my new found peeps are there to pick me up. Oh and SR is there in a pinch too! Between this place and my Friday peeps I'm doing well. Just need to figure out the intense depression from time to time that I fall into... But that's another topic...