Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
skippernlilg
Skipper

Originally Posted by Leaping View Post
Thank you both! I had been so good about ignoring his other texts and attempts to pull me - yesterday his strategy was to text about another woman to see if I would bite, the day before it was something else so I guess he had to elevate his attention seeking behavior to get me to respond.

He has sent me almost 200 texts the past month alone. I have progressed from responding to full silence until today.

Bruin, you are right and I am VERY thankful he is not here showing up on my doorstep and acting like this in front of his children. And Freedom, thank you. I should not have expected anything less from his family, they have been very consistent in their viewpoint that I am to blame.
Aw, Leaping, I can relate to this so much. I agree that any suicide threat should be taken seriously. You have the option of calling the police in his area, even if you're out of state so that they can respond with paramedics.

I think a part of you wanted to verify the threat level first, and that's why you checked with his mom. It's a perfectly reasonable boundary and safety plan to set up that if that happens again, you will contact the professionals who handle such things.

I know what it feels like to be villainized by the family. And even some of the friends. It doesn't change the truth, so the best thing to do is to continue your path in doing the next right thing.

Give yourself a break!