View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
TreshaLee

Originally Posted by ANEWAUGUST View Post
AA saved my life, and my marriage...

Just my experience.
OMG, THANK YOU! My husband is 3 days sober and I am getting so discouraged by the instant conclusion people are coming to when we have reached out. We are getting the very clear message that the marriage is doomed before they even ask about us, how we got here, what tools we have and how we have been approaching this.

At this point, I think we are going to look for a professional addiction therapist or two, a combination of individual and family. We have a large family support group, as both of our families are close to each other, and both of our families love both of us.

I'm concerned because B seems to be in "circle the wagons" mode to protect his family instead of focusing on himself. Three days in, though, maybe the distraction is welcomed? He's not saying he will do it by himself, but I fear him closing a door, especially one so widely available and easy to access. However, I am alarmed to feel I have to defend our family, and we are both feeling a bit attacked.

There has been no open hostility, don't get me wrong. No one is screaming at me to go away and let him hang with his own kind, but that is certainly the feeling we are both getting.