Thread: Vent
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

Vent

So, my business partner is a Narcissist, or something. I have figured out how to deal with her, but it's so hard. Here's another situation I got myself into by not being freaking sane enough to thoroughly assess the sanity level of someone before engaging. I pray and am pretty sure those days are over, but I"m still stuck with this one.

Yesterday she started screaming at me about how angry she is that I'm doing legislative work and formed a new organization while she's working her fingers to the bone. I didn't bother telling her, "Look, you have other ways of making money, you have two other jobs in addition to this paper, I need work too," because it's futile.

I think I'm signing a contract as a consultant this week and am worried she'll find out and be jealous too. That sucks.

But just now when I tried to talk to her about an article she's suppose to be writing for the July issue, she just yelled at me. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT I DON'T CARE. I said, "Ok, gotta go, talk to you tomorrow when you're feeling better." and hung up the phone.

It reminds me of when I have to do that with AH if he calls and is an ass to me. I just say Gotta Go! and get the hell off the phone.

At least the good news is, while I do have a teensy bit of guilt or fear creeping up about setting that boundary with her just now, I am in no way compelled to continue to engage. Man, that used to run my life. I would go over and over agian in my head how I'm right and she's wrong and maybe call her back to tell her that! What the heck was wrong with me?

Now, I just want to get back to work and hope she doesn't call back.