View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
missducky

Unhappy So done...but terrified!

Hello all.....first post for me! I am a 42 yr old mother of eight and gramma of 2...been fighting alcohol for 5 years and severe drinking the past 2. Was up to anywhere from 12 to 30 beers PER DAY usually followed by 1-2 bottles of vodka. Began experiencing really horrible medical issues (alcohol induced I'm sure) and with no insurance, never had them seen about. Got REALLY bad this past Sunday...threw my 23 yr old Son out while I was smashed, and woke up Monday wondering where he was! He was trying to take my vodka away. What a pathetic excuse for a Mom.
I haven't touched a drop since. Nor do I plan to. Withdrawl is alot easier than I imagined, or it really hasn't started yet! I am lucky to have my hubby home this week as he is a definite deterrent, but I have no idea what will happen when he returns to work next week. Unfortunately, he really doesn't understand what alcoholism is and really believes you can just "walk away". I am trying not to focus on his thoughts right now...just came here looking for support from someone who gets it! Sorry to rant, just getting it out! Thanks for listening!:
Missducky
Also....on Monday, all I could think about was how WONDERFUL my life would be without alcohol.
Today, it's how HORRIBLE my life will be without alcohol. Anyone have any ideas on POSITIVE reinforcement??